Guidance of Maintaining and StoringCategory: Powder
Guidance of Maintaining and Storing
· Avoid keeping paint cartons open for a long period of time
· Not more than 4 cartons should be arranged on top of each other
· Powder coatings should be stored and kept in a cool dry place (temperatures below 30 °c)
· Direct light emission for a long period is harmful to these colors
If the above conditions are met, it is possible to maintain the powder or color until one year after the production date. As well, the powder or color can be used and stored for one year after the productions date.
When applying powder coat, to avoid allergy, be sure to wear a helmet and glasses and masks. In the absence of a mask and long contact with powdery colors, respiratory complications will be created. In case of skin contact, the skin can be cleaned with water and soap. If you follow the above conditions, there will be no worries and you can easily use powder colors that are environmentally friendly colors. If you need more information, consider following points.
1. First Aid Measures
· Skin contact: wash with water and soap
· Eye contact: wash with flowing water instantly
2. Hazards Identification
· Powder coats are not classified as a hazardous substance according the Regulatory Reliability Standards.
3. Helpful Measures in Emergencies
· Personal precautions: Avoid inhaling and breathing dust
· Cleaning ways) methods): clean the place with broom or vacuum cleaner instantly.
· Collecting all the firing resources and get them away from the place. Then clean the place
with wet brush and put the wasted substances in special packing to destroy them later.
· Use mechanical machinery like forklift to transport these substances.
· If the powder coat is used and stored in the order indicated above no chemical decomposition will occur.
4. Firefighting Measures
· Chemical decomposition due to heat: During a fire and combustion, steam, toxic and burning gases may be
· Equipment for fire extinguishing: use water spray, alcohol resistant foam and carbon dioxide to extinguish
5. Protective Control for Detection
· The exposure limitations of this substance are as follows:
· Hand protection: use protective gloves for continuous contact with this substance.
· Respiratory protection: when the workers are exposed in a concentration more than limitation, they should
use protective respiratory equipment.
· It is recommended to use protective mask against dust when dust concentration is more than usual.
· Health measures: act according to industrial hygienic and safety standards
6. Care and Maintenance of the Product
· Use suitable machinery to ventilating the toxic gases and collecting the dust.
· Precaution in protection of firing and explosion: Prevent the formation of dust and diffusing gases.
· Use ventilate device for places that producing dust. During the process, high dust can produce explosive
combinations in the air.
· Conditions and maintenance period: products that maintaining in the dry and clean conditions can be used
for at least one year from production.
7. Physical and Chemical Properties
· Physical state: Fine or tiny powder
· Melting point: 90°c - 120°c
· Low explosion limit: 30% - 70% (V)
· Density: 1.3-1.8 ()
· Volatility percent: 1%
The physical information that has been given above are physical quantities and they should not be considered as technical properties.
8. Environmental Information
· Due to the low solubility of this substance in water, water poisoning with this substance is not expected.